Saturday, May 18, 2013

SEWING TIP #2
Buy a small, inexpensive sewing machine as a second/ backup machine.
  At least once a year I get my sewing machine cleaned.  Last year I chose a place , in my new city, that was highly recommended and said they could clean my machine in just 1 week.  Most places say 2 or even 3 weeks.  I dropped off the sewing machine right before leaving for vacation for 4 days.    Unfortunately the person who cleans the machine at the store also went on vacation that week.  I could not wait to get my machine back.  It took over 2 weeks, close to 3.  Sure I cut out some fabric for  a future project, but I could not reopen my etsy shop or really get any work done until my 1 machine was back.  Now I have a small extra machine that I can use when my larger one is in the shop and if I take any classes I am looking forward to how much easier this one will be to carry back and forth.
FabricCreationsFran.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment