Saturday, May 25, 2013

QUILTING AND SEWING TIP #4
Choose grey thread when piecing 2  different colors together.
When I am sewing together 2 pieces of fabric of similar color, I try to match the thread to the fabric color.  I know some people who just leave black or white in their machine at all times thinking that the tread wont show.  However there can be tension between the pieces that might allow the thread to show or more likely a loose thread may escape being trimmed.  In this case grey is allows a good color. As you can see in the photo above, the neutral grey blends in with both the light sky blue as well as the black fabric.  If I used white thread, an end of white thread sticking out would show up very bright against the black and if I used black thread it would show up as very out of place against the light blue and yellow.  Grey is a perfect neutral in this case.   Happy sewing and quilting everyone.
 
FabricCreationsFran.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment