Monday, October 7, 2013


QUILTING AND SEWING TIP #16:  BASTE WHERE YOU WILL SEW
     Every quilting book I have read says to baste/ put your safety pins where you will NOT be quilting. This does help so you can keep quilting without having to stop as much to take out pins.  However, I notice the safety pins often leave holes, especially in light and solid color fabric such as shown in my photo.  What I do to minimize the holes in the fabric that might show, is to put my safety pins right where I WILL be quilting.  In a seam such as in the photo works well too.  Then when I take out the pin I will sew right over little holes and they will be filled with thread/ quilt stitches and will be less visible.
See this table runner and more quilts and runners in my etsy shop at:
FabricCreationsfran.etsy.com

No comments:

Post a Comment